See amazing tutorial shared with us by Domino Design Team.
Hello! This time, I offer you to try to make something large..! Let’s try decoupage on furniture and make a bench and a chest of drawers!
We will need:
- Matt paint Daily ART ( cream, white, ochre, leave green, chocolate, orange)
- Bitumen Daily ART ( waterbased imitation of bitumen)
- Маtt Varnish Daily ART
- Decoupage Glue Маtt Daily ART
- Wax candle
- Sanding paper
- Napkin with a birds print
- Synthetic round and flat brushes, sponge
1. We will decorate the bench in shabby chic style and will need gentle distressing. Apply wax candle to the parts of the bench, that would naturally be worn more over the time: edges, sitting area, handles.
2. Paint all the surface of the bench with Daily ART matt paint and let dry well. I used a mix of cream color and white. When the paint is dry observe the bench. If you missed some parts or if the layer of paint is semi-transparent cover the bench with paint second time. Let the paint dry well again.
4. My favorite part of the project, drawing the branches of the tree. First draw the branches with a lead pencil. Mix chocolate, cream and ochre colors of matt paint to get the right shade for the branches. Paint the branches using round synthetic brush. Add some buds on the tree. 🙂
6. To paint leaves mix ochre with green and orange colors. To add some lighter brushstrokes to the leaves add more ochre to the mixture. After you are satisfied with the leaves use the leftovers of the green mixture to splatter some paint all around the surface.
7. Cut the birds out of the napkin and glue them to the surface using Matt Decoupage Glue. Use the colorful layer of a napkin, remove white layers. Put the birds to the surface, in a way it would look like they seat on the branches. With a flat synthetic brush apply Daily ART Matt Decoupage Glue on top of birds. Move from center to the edges of the print. Let the glue dry well.